Kenna Earles, MA, LPC-Associate
Supervised by Nicole Ponce, LPC-S, LCDC
Life is full of surprises and challenges, often catching us off guard when we least expect it. You might find yourself seeking help, whether as an adult navigating the complexities of life or as a concerned parent trying to support your child through their difficulties. It's completely natural to feel overwhelmed and unsure about how to take the first steps. But remember, you don't have to face these challenges alone.
A Partner on Your Healing Journey
My mission is to be your partner on your journey towards growth, healing, and becoming the person you were meant to be. If you've experienced past trauma or if you're currently struggling with life's adversities, I'm here to offer my support and guidance.
Educational Background and Expertise
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Dallas Baptist University and a Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Houston Baptist University. My focus is on helping both adults and adolescents dealing with various issues, including trauma, attachment challenges, anxiety, grief and loss, life transitions, self-discovery, and social and emotional difficulties.
A Compassionate and Individualized Approach
In my work with adolescents and adults, I emphasize meeting you where you are with unwavering compassion and empathy. I utilize therapeutic approaches such as person-centered, psychodynamic, and attachment-based techniques to create a customized and effective counseling experience. Together, we'll embark on a journey of healing and self-discovery, empowering you to take control of your life.
Empowering Children Through Play
My specialization extends to working with children who are coping with grief and trauma. I have extensive experience in grief and trauma counseling for children of all ages. During our sessions, I use child-centered non-directive and child-centered directive play therapy. This approach allows children to express themselves through play, giving them a comfortable and effective means to process their feelings. You can read more about counseling for children and play therapy here.
Incorporating Faith-Based Counseling
For those who seek faith-based counseling, I offer an integrated approach that aligns with your spiritual beliefs. This provides additional support and guidance to address your unique needs.
We may be a good fit if:
- You have childhood wounds you would like to find healing from
- You are a Christian wanting a faith-based counseling experience
- You are wanting to find a play therapist to work through grief or trauma with your child
- You struggle with overachievement, burn-out, and an inability to relax
- You are wanting to feel more in tune with your body, mind, and spirit
- You are struggling with relationship dynamics
- You are experiencing a life transition and need support
- You are wanting to engage in self-discovery and learn more about yourself and your patterns
- You are wanting to find a secure attachment style & healthy boundaries with others
- You are wanting to find your own identity, voice, and values
- You are wanting to feel seen, heard, and understood, but also gently challenged to achieve your goals